Monday, September 14, 2009

Holding the world (and my heart) in His hands

I'm becoming more aware of the fact that God has a time and plan for everything that is often very different from what I've "planned" on. I've seen this in my life for a while but I forget it so often...that man orders his own life, but God really does direct him and lead him through things that he could never in his wildest dreams imagine. I think two things are key. First, realize that God loves me completely without condemnation and holds the world in His hands. And second is to live like I know that! Yes God is sovereign and above being compared or understand because He is so incredible. Just last week I was struggling with how to process some things - mental stress. And I started praying that morning just declaring the faithfulness of God. That He was the God who created the stars, who governed the laws of physics. He is the God that created the concepts for the Taylor Series (if you're not a math nerd you will have no clue what I'm talking about!!). He is the God that allows the earth to orbit and lets the seasons and weather systems coincide together. Knowing He does that makes me realize that He is quite capable of directing my heart through anything I face in life. Life is often very challenging. But God loves to show Himself faithful in those times. What I desire is that regardless of where I'm at in life, I will maintain such a personal and intimate relationship with God that I trust Him. Right now I have a lot of unanswered questions. But God knows that and He knows I don't need the answer to some of those things right now. Growing in relationship with Him is me being ok with the things that go unanswered. Not there yet, but I want to be. Right now what I do know is that I am forever loved by Him and a recipient of His awesome grace that I will never deserve.

No comments: